In an ever changing and increasingly diverse workforce, all organizations should be sensitive to the needs of all groups and client bases. This training will provide attendees with the opportunity to ask questions, debunk stereotypes and learn inclusive language.
Participants in the LGBTQIA+ inclusivity training will be able to:
- Distinguish and understand the differences between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression;
- Participants will have an enhanced understanding of LQBTQIA+ terminology;
- Discuss how to be culturally sensitive and inclusive of the LGBTQIA+ community, including employees, patients, clients, and community partners;
- Assist participants in understanding the transgender umbrella and as well as pronoun use; and
- Identify and describe stigma and discrimination associated with being a sexual and gender minority and how policies and laws both statewide and federally impact the lives of LGBT people.
- For health organizations, the training will discuss health disparities among the LGBT community and how health providers can positively impact LGBT health outcomes.
- The training will include templates for a variety of forms that could be adapted for your organization including intake forms, HR forms (including language for inclusive job descriptions) and signage.
Adagio Health partners with Propel Schools, Adelphoi Village, and organizations such as the YMCA the Boys and Girls Clubs. These partnerships strengthen our ability to reach youth in Allegheny County and beyond with high quality, medically accurate sexual and health curriculum. Partnerships make it possible for Adagio Health to do the important work we’ve done in the community for the last 45 years. If you’d like to become a partner of Adagio Health please contact us at email@example.com
or call 1.800.215.7484.