Get Real is a unique curriculum designed for implementation in both middle and high schools (through the tenth grade). Get Real emphasizes social and emotional skills as a key component of healthy relationships and responsible decision making. Get Real empowers students in grades six, seven and eight to delay sex and protect themselves from pregnancy and STIs, there are nine lessons each in grade.
Information provided is medically accurate, age-appropriate and:
- Emphasizes social and emotional skills as key components of healthy relationships and responsible decision making.
- Promotes abstinence from sex as the healthiest choice for middle school students and provides a comprehensive understanding of sexual health, sexuality and protection methods.
- Supports parents and other caring adults as the primary sexuality educators of their children and includes take-home family activities that encourage dialogue between students and the caring adults in their lives.
- Delays sex among middle school students who received Get Real
- Empowers parents to be the primary sexuality educators of their children and help their kids delay sex
- Reinforces family communication and improve communication skills for healthy relationships
Adagio Health partners with Propel Schools, Adelphoi Village, and organizations such as the YMCA the Boys and Girls Clubs. These partnerships strengthen our ability to reach youth in Allegheny County and beyond with high quality, medically accurate sexual and health curriculum. Partnerships make it possible for Adagio Health to do the important work we’ve done in the community for the last 45 years. If you’d like to become a partner of Adagio Health please contact us at email@example.com
or call 1.800.215.7484.